Dryer Vent Cleaning
WARNING: DRYER VENT FIRES
They went to the store, while drying clothes. They came home and the dryer was on fire. The dryer vent in the wall was packed full of lint that ignited from the heat and started the fire! It was vented on the roof so they didn’t realize it was blocked on the screen also.
WE CAN HELP!
WARNING SIGNS YOUR DRYER NEEDS TO BE CLEANED
So, how do you know if your dryer needs cleaning?
For starters, if you don’t remember the last time your vents were cleaned (let alone by a professional), it’s time to schedule a dryer vent cleaning service with Valet Clean. If nothing else, it’s a good fire safety precaution for your family.
Also, you can take a look at these warning signs to see if your dryer is showing symptoms of dirty vents:
- Your clothes aren’t getting dry. If you have to run multiple cycles just to get your clothes completely dry, you probably have a buildup of lint preventing the air from circulating.
- Your dryer is hot to the touch. If your dryer or clothes are extremely hot during or at the end of a cycle, a blocked vent could be the cause.
- Your laundry room feels hot or humid. If your dryer vent can’t push the air outside your home, it’s got to go somewhere (a.k.a. leak out into your laundry room).
- You notice a musty smell. If the hot, damp air from your dryer is being leaked inside your home, that will also cause a musty smell (or even a burning smell, if the lint has started a spark in your dryer — in which case you should stop using your dryer immediately and call the pros to take a look).
- Your vent hood flap doesn’t open properly. If your duct hood flap isn’t opening like it should, or if you see lint or debris around the dryer hose or outside vent opening, the air flow has been restricted, causing dangerous buildup.